Dear Friends and Supporters,
We’d love you to join ‘The 2.6 Challenge’ and support Hardie Park if you can!
Sadly, there’s no London Marathon 2020 on Sunday 26th April and no Hardie Park events on the horizon during the imposed lockdown.
Over the past 4 summers you have helped raise much needed funds by participating in our popular community events programme. This money supports our local projects and makes up the difference in appeals for equipment and matching new project funding bids. The closing of the cafe until further notice due to COVID-19 will have a significant impact also, so now, more than ever we need your generosity.
The organisers of the biggest UK’s mass participation sports events have come together to create the #twopointsixchallenge inspiring the nation to SAVE UK CHARITIES. Like us, many charities will have cancelled fundraising events and closed their doors due to the COVID-19 restrictions which will affect their future.
We are asking our supporters to dream up a fun 2.6 challenge, choose Friends of Hardie Park and raise valuable funds with the help of friends and family. Start by telling them what Hardie Park means to you, your family and our community.
We will promote your challenge via all of our Social Media channels and we will make sure that when we can we have a big THANK YOU event for everyone who supports us in this way.
We all want to come out the other side of this pandemic and the challenge is on for us to continue what we love doing at the heart of the community. Why not think of something fun, creative to do and join us – you choose your challenge – you choose to DONATE or FUNDRAISE for your local park!
Just 3 rules:
- Needs to include 2.6 or 26 – reps / laps / minutes / rotations / skips / flips / books / bakes
- Needs to adhere to government guidelines on social distancing.
- You need to stay local
Here’s the plan!
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas here
- Head to our Friends of Hardie Park Just Giving Page to donate or fundraise
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge
- Complete your challenge
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and tag @lovehardiepark
For further information on The 2.6 Challenge, including a list of partners and supporters, and for more ideas about what your activity could be, visit twopointsixchallenge.co.uk
We hope you’ll join the nation in The 2.6 Challenge, choose to support Hardie Park and help to save the UK’s charities.